Thursday, November 13, 2014

Winterwoods Sampler


While I normally stitch French patterns, sometimes it's fun to change things up a bit. Last winter, I found myself in bed with a nasty cold. To pass the time, I stitched this cute sampler.

Snuggled under many quilts with fresh pink roses on my nightstand, I stitched away the blues. The mittens, tea kettle, snowflake, little log cabin and forest animals helped nurse me back to health.  The framing job is not the best. But I'm still happy with the way it turned out. 




This Winterwoods pattern is created by the wonderful Alicia Paulson from Posie Gets Cozy. Click here to view and purchase it. Have you visited her whimsical website and blog? She sells cross stitch patterns, felt ornament kits and a whole lot more.  

The Winterwoods kit comes to you beautifully packaged with clear instructions, a color cross stitch chart, gorgeous hand dyed threads and 28 count linen. I highly recommend it if you're new to cross stitching or even if you're a seasoned stitcher. It's a great gift for a new stitcher too. I liked it so much I bought her other sampler pattern Midsummer Sprigs.

Thanks Alicia! I've followed you for years and years. I have all your books! I'm always inspired by your creations.


Happy Stitching! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment