With two ripe mangoes, some Thai basil (or regular basil) a squeeze of fresh lime, a chili pepper for heat, a few strawberries for sweet, a red pepper for crunch, you can whip up this salsa. It's a tropical and refreshing alongside a piece of locally caught and grilled bluefish. It's good on chicken or with tortilla chips too.
Strawberry Mango Salsa Recipe
- 2 mangoes, diced
- All or part of one small Thai chili pepper or a jalapeno seeded and diced
- A handful of strawberries, diced
- 1 red or orange pepper, diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Drizzle of light olive oil or other neutral tasting oil
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- To serve: Thai basil, regular basil or mint.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, reserving the lime juice and salt. Add enough lime juice to lift the salsa with a bright, citrus note. Add the salt to taste. Serve immediately. Enjoy over grilled fish, scallops, shrimp, chicken or tortilla chips. Enjoy!