This asparagus recipe is good hot, warm or room temperature. Alongside some fluffy scrambled eggs, it's a nice brunch entree. The citrus adds sparkle. The toasted pine nuts give some crunch and warmth. A flurry of Parmesan is the perfect, salty finish.
Citrus Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
- 2 bunches of asparagus, the tough bottom part of the stem removed. I use thin ones.
- 3 tablespoons of pine nuts, toasted
- Zest and juice of one tangerine, one small orange or meyer lemon
- Olive oil for cooking
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste. I use sea salt.
InstructionsPreheat the oven to 375 and. Line a large baking pan with foil and drizzle some olive oil on it.
Zest and juice a tangerine, orange or lemon. Reserve the zest and juice separately.
Put the asparagus on the pan, sprinkle on some salt, pepper, more olive oil and the citrus zest of your choice. Toss everything to coat. Line the asparagus in a single layer on the pan and roast for about 30 minutes or until tender.
While the asparagus are roasting, toast the pine nuts in a nonstick pan until golden brown. Once the asparagus is done, toss with the toasted pine nuts, the citrus juice and some Parmesan.