Golden brown cauliflower fritters with a punchy hit of red chili flakes are what's for lunch today. Herbs add freshness. Chickpeas bump up the protein.
They're wonderful eaten straight out of the frying pan, sprinkled with lemon juice and sea salt. Meyer lemons are particularly good here. Dip them into honey-drizzled Greek yogurt. The crispy and slightly spicy fritters paired with creamy, honeyed yogurt deliver hot and sweet flavors.
Cauliflower And Chickpea Fritters Recipe
Makes 8 Fritters
- 2 cups of diced cooked and cooled cauliflower
- 3 scallions, roughly chopped
- A handful of basil or dill
- 1-2 lemons. I like meyer lemons.
- A 16-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon of sweet or smoked paprika (optional)
- A pinch of red chili flakes or cayenne pepper (or to your taste)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/3-1/2 cup of self rising flour
- Olive oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
To Serve: sea salt, lemon wedges and Greek yogurt drizzled with honey