Nothing says fall like roasted root vegetables. I love this light and simple recipe. Hints of fresh sage make it very flavorful. The potatoes are golden brown on the outside with creamy centers. The sweetness of the carrots is a nice compliment to the sage.
This dish pairs wonderfully with chicken or fish. Enjoying a homey dinner after a long walk in the crisp air is what I love so much about autumn. The sky is bluer. The light is golden. It's my favorite time of year.
Roasted Carrots And Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds of red potatoes, sliced or quartered depending on their size
- A 16-ounce bag of carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4 sage leaves, finely chopped (or to your taste)
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Sea salt and pepper to taste. I use fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
Preheat the oven to 425. Line a large baking pan with tinfoil and liberally spray it with cooking spray or drizzle some olive oil on the pan. Place the carrots and potatoes on the pan and drizzle some olive oil to coat them or spray them well with cooking spray. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven, toss the carrots and potatoes. Turn up the heat to 450. Roast them for an additional 10- 15 minutes or until they're brown and crispy. Sprinkle on the sage.