This refreshing and filling salad has lots of parsley, which acts like lettuce does in regular garden salads. There's a bit of creamy tahini and some finely diced red onion for texture and flavor. A squeeze of lemon juice is a fresh finish. Dill shows up here too. I enjoy the salad with warm whole wheat pita. This dish packs well for picnic lunches. This lunch sustained me on my summer staycation bike rides near the marshes and beaches.
Chickpea & Herb SaladServes 2
Some Notes & Tips:
Achva Tahini is now my brand of choice. The tahini is creamy and very easy to pour. No need for constant stirring.
Feel free to add more olive oil if that's your preference.
Gomashio is Japanese sesame salt. The sesame salt is often used in macrobiotic cooking. You can find my recipe here.
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 lemon
- A large handful of parsley, chopped
- A large handful of dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of well stirred tahini paste. I use Achva Tahini.
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Sesame salt or a sprinkling of Gomashio (optional)
To Serve: Whole wheat pita, brown rice, millet, couscous, bulgur wheat