Sunday, July 6, 2014

My First French Monogram





This is the first monogram I ever stitched. It's a French pattern called Pour Manon. Rouge du Rhin is the manufacturer. Their website is in French and English. Click here to go to there. I stitched it with an "M" for my devotion to The Blessed Virgin Mary. But it would make a wonderful wedding monogram too. 

An alphabet of letters is provided with the pattern to personalize it.  I stitched it with two strands of white Splendor Silk Floss on 32 count very pale blue linen. The linen was purchased at The Sampler Needlework Shop in historic, Plymouth MA. I enjoyed stitching this piece. The chart was easy to read and using only one color of thread was Zen stitching. Everyday, I admire its scrolls, flourishes, quiet elegance and graceful beauty. 

This French Rose Heart is stitched with white silk on light raspberry linen. I love the combination of raspberry and blue together. You can find the pattern HERE.




  French Flower Basket 


My very first attempt at cross stitch was this French Country Flower Basket stitched with soft pink thread on cream linen. You can find the pattern here.



Happy Stitching! xx ~ Jilly

No comments:

Post a Comment