Lemon Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Makes 45-50 Spears (One Medium Platter Full)
I use a microplane zester to grate the ginger.
Instead of lemon, lime or orange juice is also nice.
- 2 bunches of asparagus, tough part on the ends of the stems removed
- 1 lemon
- 1 red chili pepper, minced. I use a fresno chili. (optional)
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated (about 1 teaspoon of minced ginger)
- Salt to taste. I use fine sea salt.
- Cooking spray, olive oil or sesame oil
- Sprinkling of sesame seeds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400. Line a large baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the asparagus in a single layer on the tray and spray them lightly with cooking spray. Alternately, you can drizzle the tray and the asparagus with olive oil. Sprinkle them with salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. The longer you roast them, they more they'll brown. I like them to be bright green but tender.
Meanwhile, squeeze some lemon juice into a small bowl and mix in the ginger. Once the asparagus have finished cooking. Toss them with the lemon and ginger mixture. You can do this directly on the baking tray. Serve the asparagus with the diced chili pepper and sesame seeds (if using).