Sunday, August 27, 2017

Frenchy Stitchy Things







Ever since I was a little girl I've had a fascination with sewing supplies. I spent summers with my beloved grandmother in her tidy Brooklyn apartment. She lived near Shore Road in Bay Ridge. A block away was a view of  the Verrazano Bridge. My grandmother loved to go for long walks and ferry rides. We visited Manhattan and enjoyed ice cream on park benches. It was a real treat spending time with her.

Every night after a homemade dinner, she'd settle in to watch The Lawrence Welk Show. She always sewed something. My grandmother came from Lebanon. She learned to cook and sew at a young age. She used to embroider Christening gowns. 

My maternal great grandfather was a coal miner from Lithuania. He was a large man who relaxed by sewing quilts by hand. My love of hand embroidery runs deep. 

Sewing supplies are nostalgic. It's always nice to have pretty embroidery supplies in our sewing boxes, right? I'm excited to offer some French embroidery hoops and needles. They're available in my shop now. In the coming months, I'll be offering some beautiful French linens in my favorite azalea pink, frog green and crisp white too.   

Happy Stitching!
xx ~ Jilly    

3 comments:

  1. Lovely images, I like all the images and information of this blog. Which have new and innovative ideas of embroidery. Great thanks for sharing such a nice and helpful blog with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job Jilly.. You really had great time with your grandmother ... and by the way your french embroidery hoops and needles offer is great. Thank a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job Jilly.. You really had great time with your grandmother ... and by the way your french embroidery hoops and needles offer is great. Thank a lot.

    ReplyDelete